Education and Tomorrow's Work Force
Texas' Cornerstone for Growth
The Comptroller's office administers the state's 529 plans and promotes local economic growth by identifying and fostering work force development initiatives across the state.
The Comptroller's goal is to give every Texan every chance to succeed through a variety of programs to help young Texans explore careers, provide tools and resources to help parents save and pay for future careers and offer all Texans a way to contribute to those higher ed dreams.
Together, we can build a prosperous future for today's little Texans.
Texas College Savings Plans
- Texas Tuition Promise Fund
- Texas College Savings Plan
- LoneStar 529SM Savings Plan
- Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (formerly the Texas Tomorrow Fund)
- Notice of Settlement for Texas College Savings Plan and LoneStar 529 Plan Participants (PDF)
Transparency & Accountability
- Comptroller to Evaluate Public Schools' Academic Accountability and Financial Data
- Financial Allocation Study for Texas (FAST)
- Higher Education Feasibility Study — October 2010
- Texas Works: Training and Education for All Texans — December 2008
- Counting Costs and Calories: Measuring the Cost of Obesity to Texas Employers — March 2007
College/Career Planning Tools
- Every Chance, Every Texan: College Planning and Savings Portal
- Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation Compendium of Texas Colleges and Financial Aid Calendar: Index of Texas Scholarships and School Admissions Information and more