NOTE: The products listed are for use by eligible State of Texas entities ONLY and are not for personal purchase or purchase by commercial entities.
Search for Contracts
Enter keywords or NIGP codes to find state contracts:
430-M1 LABORATORY, MEDICAL AND WELDING GASES, CYLINDER/DEWAR RENTAL
Start Date: 04/2011
End Date: 08/2014
- DESCRIPTION OF CONTRACT: TPASS MANAGED CONTRACT NO. 430-M1
LABORATORY, MEDICAL AND WELDING GASES, CONTAINERS, CYLINDER RENTAL
- HOW TO ORDER:
Customers must issue an internal purchase order and reference CPA Contract No. 430-M1 to be eligible for Contract pricing.
For State Agencies: Use Purchase Category Code C
NIGP Class/Item code(s) is listed on each item.
The Contractor agrees not to ship any materials until issuance of a Purchase Order by the State Agency, Higher Education or Cooperative member.
GASES: Customers may issue blanket purchase orders for gases, however, monitor the contract for price adjustments.
Customers are required to indicate the beginning and end dates of the blanket purchase order aligning end date with the term of the contract.
Customers shall issue blanket purchase orders for cylinder and dewar rentals. The purchase order should reflect the closest monetary value of expected expenditures. Releases will be placed against this order up to the maximum monetary value. Tracking expenditures during the term of the order is required so as not to exceed the monetary value and to maintain accurate account of cylinders rentals and returns.
Customers are required to indicate the beginning and end dates on the blanket purchase order aligning end date with the term of the contract of the rental period.
For billing purposes the contractor's cylinder/dewar rental rate will be the applicable rate (daily or monthly) to be applied to the total number of cylinders/dewars on hand each day or month, up to an additional three (3) months after the contract expires. Unless otherwise agreed upon by the contractor and the customer, all cylinders/dewars should be picked up by the contractor no later than three (3) months after the contract expiration.
The rental fee will continue until notification is provided by the customer for the pickup/return of the cylinder(s)/dewar(s).
Cylinders and dewars owned by customers must be filled by the contractor. The customer will be responsible for cylinder and dewar maintenance and applicable testing.
Customers will include specific delivery requirements on the blanket purchase order based upon their internal and security policies.
- CONTRACTORS AND CONTRACT DOCUMENTATION:
Payee ID No.: 14531537349
Airgas USA, LLC
11111 N. Lamar
Austin, TX 78753
Contact: Bill Tinkham
Phone: (512) 835-0202
Fax: (512) 837-1108
Payee ID No.: 17604356760
Brazos Valley Welding Supply Inc
1359 Harvey Mitchell
Bryan, TX 77803
Contact: Randy Blum
Phone: (979) 779-7508
Fax: (979) 779-7543
Payee ID No.: 174216180200
Conroe Welding Supply Inc
415 S. Frazier
Conroe, TX 77301
Contact: Dean Mastin
Phone: (936) 539-3124
Fax: (936) 539-3167
Payee ID No.: 17518478270
Metroplex Service Welding Supply Inc
801 E. Northside Dr.
Forth Worth, TX 76102
Contact: Joe Napieralski
Phone: (817) 201-8311
Fax: (817) 877-0153
Payee ID No.: 19416937647
2801 Montopolis Drive
Austin, TX 78741
Contact: Christina M. Smith
Phone: (512) 369-1816
Fax: (512) 384-3345
- EXPEDITED PAYMENT TERM DISCOUNT:
Brazos Valley Welding Supply Inc: Invoice paid in 10 days - 2.00%
Conroe welding Supply Inc: Invoice paid in 10 days - 2.00%
Metroplex Service Welding Supply Inc: Invoice paid in 10 days - 1.00%
- TERM OF CONTRACT: April 1, 2011 through January 31, 2012
Renewal Term: February 1, 2012 to August 31, 2012
Renewal Term: September 1, 2012 - August 31, 2013
Renewal Term: September 1, 2013 - August 31, 2014
4th Renewal Period: September 1, 2014 - August 31, 2015
- DELIVERY: Please reference the Contract Pricing Information.
- SHIPPING INFORMATION: All shipping shall be F.O.B. destination. Prices include all shipping, delivery, inside delivery, fuel surcharges and handling fees unless stated otherwise. Prices also include freight on returned cylinders.
- LICENSES AND REGULATIONS: Contractor activity is subject to any requirements for licenses, bonds, insurance and any other requirement of law or applicable regulation during the term of this contract.
- CYLINDER/DEWAR RETURN:
Customers shall notify the contractor in writing the number and type of empty cylinders ready for return. The contractor will be required to remove the cylinders from the customer's site within five (5) days after notification. The rental fee shall continue up to five (5) days (date of notification, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays excluded) after the ordering entities have notified the contractor. The rental fee will discontinue upon the date of pick up or the sixth (6) day after pick up notification, whichever comes first. If the contractor is verbally notified of empty cylinders, qualified ordering entities will make a record of the date, time and the contractor's representative contacted.
Unless otherwise agreed by the contractor and the customer, all cylinders should be returned no later than three (3) months after the contract expires with any credit due for gas remaining in the cylinder.
The contractor will bear all cost for cylinders lost or damaged as a result of an Act of God. The CPA customer will notify and coordinate with the Contractor to determine the number of cylinder affected.
Service Requirements for Gas Audit Blend Cylinders
- The services outlined are for customer owned cylinders.
- Customers may require re-certification approximately three (3) – four (4) times annually.
- Cylinders will be certified for a minimum of five (5) years unless the maximum certifiable date has been or will be achieved during the final certification. In that case if the cylinders are certifiable, they will be re-certified up to their life expectancy date.
- Testing Methods:
- Test Failure: Cylinders that fail will be returned to the Customer with a report as to the reason for the failure.
- Cylinder Replacement:
The Contractor will allow statewide Customers the option to replace cylinders that are non-certifiable. The Customer shall be invoiced the amount outlined for Gases, Containers, and Cylinder Rental in the price sheet in Section C – Contract Pricing Information (XLS).
- SUBSTITUTIONS: During the Contract term, the Contractor shall not substitute a product or brand unless the Contractor has obtained prior written approval from the CPA Contract Manager in coordination with the Customer. The Contractor must have written confirmation from the CPA Contract Manager of the substitution before making delivery.
- CPA CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Questions regarding contract management issues, price changes, amendments or other post-award concerns should be directed to:
TPASS Contract Management Office (TCMO)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA)
Fax: (512) 936-0040
- ADDING NEW PRODUCTS TO THE CONTRACT: Following the contract award, additional products of the same general category that could have been encompassed in the award of this contract, and that are not already on the contract, may be added. Customers are encouraged to request additional items by contacting the TPASS contract manager.
- CONTRACTOR PERFORMANCE:
The Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) administers a vendor performance program for use by all ordering entities per Texas Government Code, Title 10, Subtitle D, Section 2155.077. The Vendor Performance and Debarment Program relies on the ordering entity's participation in gathering information on vendor performance. Ordering Entities shall report vendor performance on purchases over $25,000 from contracts administered by the commission or any other purchase over $25,000 made through delegated authority granted by CPA (TAC 20.108). Agencies are additionally encouraged to report vendor performance on purchases under $25,000.
Vendor Performance shall be reported through the CPA VENDOR PERFORMANCE TRACKING SYSTEM.
The purpose of the Vendor Performance Tracking System is to:
- Identify vendors that have exceptional performance.
- Aid purchasers in making a best value determination based on vendor past performance.
- Protect the state from vendors with unethical business practices.
- Provide performance scores in four measurable categories for the CMBL vendors.
- Track vendor performance for delegated and exempt purchases.