NOTE: The products listed are for use by eligible State of Texas entities ONLY and are not for personal purchase or purchase by commercial entities.
Search for Contracts
Enter keywords or NIGP codes to find state contracts:
550-M1 MULTI MEDIA PACKAGE FOR PRODUCTION OF LICENSE PLATES
Start Date: 09/2009
End Date: 08/2014
- DESCRIPTION OF CONTRACT: TPASS MANAGED CONTRACT NO. 550-M1
(Formerly CPA Open Market PO No. 24)
Multi Media Package for Production of License Plates
Through this contract 3M provides a digital license plate printing system to TDCJ consisting of graphic design computer hardware and software, blanking line equipment, stretch and registry equipment and rimming dies. The digital color thermal transfer printing system prints color graphics and other information on license plates, such as registration numbers, county designations and bar codes. Other equipment included is sheeting applicator(s), stretch registration control mechanism(s), brake table(s), and corresponding registry feed controls.
The products listed on this contract are for use by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) in coordination with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to produce the license plates through the digital license plate printing system as provided by 3M.
This contract was advertised and awarded under Texas Government Code Chapter 2155.067 as proprietary.
- HOW TO ORDER:
Customers must issue an internal purchase order and reference CPA Contract No. 550-M1 to be eligible for Contract pricing.
For State Agencies: Use Purchase Category Code C
NIGP Class/Item code: 801-49
The Contractor agrees not to ship any materials until issuance of a Purchase Order by the State Agency, Higher Education or Cooperative member.
- CONTRACT ITEMS AND PRICING:
- CONTRACTOR AND CONTRACT DOCUMENTATION:
Payee ID No.: 14104177754
3M Center Bldg 235-03-A-09
St Paul MN 55144
Contact: Daniel F. Moran
Phone: 651 575-5517
Fax: 800 553-1380 x3
- TERM OF CONTRACT: September 01, 2009 through August 31, 2010
Renewal Period: September 1, 2010 thru August 31, 2011
Renewal period: September 1, 2011 thru August 31, 2012
Renewal Period: September 1, 2012 thru August 31, 2013
Renewal Period: September 1, 2013 thru August 31, 2014
REMAINING RENEWAL OPTIONS:
September 1, 2014 thru August 31, 2015
- DELIVERY: Delivery shall be within thirty (30) days after receipt of the order. Contractor must verify in writing, fax accepted, and receipt of each order. Contractor is advised not to ship any sheeting until notified by the Customer.
- SHIPPING INFORMATION: FOB Destination
- WARRANTY: Standard Manufacturer Warranty
- EXPEDITED PAYMENT DISCOUNT: 1% If Paid In 10 Days
- SUBSTITUTIONS: During the Contract term, the Contractor shall not substitute a product or brand unless the Contractor has obtained prior written approval from the CPA Contract Manager in coordination with the Customer. The Contractor must have written confirmation from the CPA Contract Manager of the substitution before making delivery.
- CPA CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Questions regarding contract management issues, price changes, amendments or other post-award concerns should be directed to:
TPASS Contract Management Office (TCMO)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA)
Fax: (512) 936-0040
- TPASS CONTACT: Questions concerning technical specifications should be directed to:
Dana L. Edwards, CYPM, CTCM
Texas Procurement and Support Services
Phone: (512) 463-2563
- ADDING NEW PRODUCTS TO THE CONTRACT: Following the contract award, additional products of the same general category that could have been encompassed in the award of this contract, and that are not already on the contract, may be added. Customers are encouraged to request additional items by contacting the TPASS contract manager.
- CONTRACTOR PERFORMANCE:
The Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) administers a vendor performance program for use by all ordering entities per Texas Government Code, Title 10, Subtitle D, Section 2155.077. The Vendor Performance and Debarment Program relies on the ordering entity's participation in gathering information on vendor performance. Ordering Entities shall report vendor performance on purchases over $25,000 from contracts administered by the commission or any other purchase over $25,000 made through delegated authority granted by CPA (TAC 20.108). Agencies are additionally encouraged to report vendor performance on purchases under $25,000.
Vendor Performance shall be reported through the CPA VENDOR PERFORMANCE TRACKING SYSTEM. The purpose of the Vendor Performance Tracking System is to:
- Identify vendors that have exceptional performance.
- Aid purchasers in making a best value determination based on vendor past performance.
- Protect the state from vendors with unethical business practices.