NOTE: The products listed are for use by eligible State of Texas entities ONLY and are not for personal purchase or purchase by commercial entities.
Search for Contracts
Enter keywords or NIGP codes to find state contracts:
General Contract Information
Contract 962-M2 Courier/Delivery Service -- Austin and El Paso, Texas
Start Date: 12/2012
End Date: 08/2013
DESCRIPTION OF CONTRACT: TPASS MANAGED CONTRACT
Courier/Delivery Service -- Austin and El Paso, Texas
HOW TO ORDER:
Customers must issue an internal purchase order and reference CPA Contract No. 962-M2 to be eligible for Contract pricing.
For State Agencies: Use Purchase Category Code C
The Contractor agrees not to ship any materials until issuance of a Purchase Order by the State Agency, Higher Education or Cooperative member.
AUSTIN AREA CONTRACT PRICING (XLS)
EL PASO AREA CONTRACT PRICING (XLS)
Payee ID No.: 12711416847
Lonestar Delivery and Process
1064 Hercules Ave.
Houston, TX 77058
Contact: Chris Kurzadkowski
Payee ID No.: 17427410737
P.E.S. Enterprises, Inc.
PO Box 3182
Austin, TX 78744
Contact: Shea Pennington
TERM OF CONTRACT: December 1, 2012 through
August 31, 2013
1st Renewal Option: September 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014
2nd Renewal Option: September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015
3rd Renewal Option: September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016
4th Renewal Option: September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017
INTRODUCTION: This contract is to provide
courier/delivery service for the Austin and El
Paso, Texas areas as identified in the map and
zone information. Service shall be available to
outlying areas based on additional service fees.
The service can be initiated from any qualified
customer by telephone request. Possible packages
could range from standard letter type, flats or
boxes. Boxes will be limited to 100 pounds. Two
contractors have been awarded this contract.
Regular service hours will be 8:00am to 4:30pm five (5) business days a week excluding official state holidays. Either contractor may be utilized by the service requester. If the contractor(s) is unable to provide the service required, the customer may utilize any service that can fulfill the requirement. Holiday, after hours and weekend service may be available with allowable service charges.
OVERALL SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Courier delivery services to provide features such as speed, security, tracking, signature, specialization and individualization of express services with swift delivery times.
- The services will be restricted to packages where one or more of these features are warranted and considered important.
- Packages could range from standard letter type, flats or boxes.
- Boxes will be limited to 100 pounds.
Packages shall contain items deemed
"Extremely Urgent" by the customer,
pursuant to Code of Federal Regulations,
Title 39: Postal Service, §320.6
Suspension for Extremely Urgent
"(d) The sender must prominently mark the outside covers or containers of letters carried under this suspension with the words "Extremely Urgent" or "Private Carriage Authorized by Postal Regulations (39 CFR 320.6)" or with a similar legend identifying the letters as carried pursuant to this suspension. In addition, each outside container or cover must show the name and address of the carrier, and the name and address of the addressee.
- Carrier records must be sufficient to show that the delivery of the letters was completed within the applicable time limitations, if carried under the authority of paragraph (B) of this section, and must be made available for inspection at the request of the postal service.
- The required records may be either in the form of notations on the containers or covers of any letters asserted to be carried under this suspension, or in the form of records kept by employees of the actual times they pick up and deliver such materials."
- 39 CFR Part 320.6(b)(1) says, "Letters dispatched within 50 miles of the intended destination by noon must be delivered within six hours or by the close of business day and those dispatched after noon must be received by 10:00 AM of the next business day."
- The contractors are not to depart a customer's location with a package unless it is properly marked.
- Contractor(s) may accomplish this by means of stamp, label, etc.
Zones, for the purposes of this contract, have been identified by zip code. All charges will be based on furthest point for pickup or delivery.
Pickup in Zone A - Delivery to Zone B = B Charge
Pickup in Zone B - Delivery to Zone A = B Charge
Services shall be available to areas outside of Zone A and Zone B for Austin and El Paso based on additional per mile charge. Charge will be respective zone charge plus mileage.
AUSTIN Service Zones Zone A -- Austin Area Zip Codes (Central) 78714 78712 78701 78703 78705 78751 78752 73301 73344 Zone B -- Austin Area Wide Zip Codes 78702 78704 78710 78719 78721 78723 78724 78725 78727 78728 78729 78730 78731 78732 78733 78734 78735 78736 78737 78738 78741 78742 78743 78744 78745 78746 78748 78749 78750 78751 78752 78753 78754 78756 78757 78758 78759 Zone C -- Zip Codes -- Round Rock 78664 78665 78680 78681 78682 78683 Zone C -- Zip Codes -- Pflugerville 78660 78691 Zone D -- Zip Codes -- Cedar Park 78717 78613 78630 Zone E -- Zip Codes -- Leander 78641 78645 78646 Zone F -- Zip Codes -- Out of Limits (South) 78620 78664 78653 78734 78747 EL PASO Service Zones Zone A -- El Paso Area Zip Codes 79901 79902 79903 79905 79906 79930 Zone B -- El Paso Area Zip Codes -- Out of City Limits 79907 79907 79907 79925 79925 79925 Zone C -- El Paso Area Zip Codes -- Out of City Limits 79904 79908 79924 79934 Zone D -- El Paso Area Zip Codes -- Out of City Limits 79912 79922 79932 Zone E -- El Paso Area Zip Codes -- Out of City Limits 79908 79908 79908
Service Level Time
The service level time clock for charges begins when the customer initiates the order for pickup. Waiting fee may be assessed if the customer causes a delay for more than 10 minutes
Pre-scheduled and regular pickup and delivery may be requested to be executed daily, weekly or monthly. These schedules will be coordinated and agreed upon by the customer and the contractor(s) and a blanket purchase order set up based upon the Service Levels for the term of the contract. This service shall be provided at no additional charge.
One-time delivery may be requested by customer(s) through issuance of a Purchase Order, either faxed or e-mailed, through an on-line order or phone call followed up in writing and with Purchase Order.
Service Levels for Scheduled and One-Time:
Critical and time sensitive delivery will be picked up and delivered directly to its destination, With No Stops In Between.
1 - 1.5 Hour
a. Pickup and delivered within 1-1.5 hour from the time the order is placed
2 Hour - Pickup Prior to 3:00 pm:
b. Pickup and delivered within 2 hours from the time the order is placed
4 Hour - Pickup Prior to 1:00 pm:
c. Pickup and delivered within 4 hours from the time the order is placed
Same Day - Order must be placed
prior to 10:00 am:
d. Pickup and delivery will be no later than 5:00 pm same day
After Hours - 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days
After hour deliveries are classified as any time after 4:30 p.m. and before 8 a.m. Monday through Friday or anytime on Saturday, Sunday, or a Legal Holiday.
- Service Level Time
CONTRACTOR SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
- Provide on-line services for placing orders
- On-Line Tracking: Provide real time information regarding a delivery/package and the estimated time of delivery
- The contractor shall not place any minimum piece requirements on any customer which would serve to exclude or be grounds for charging fees higher than those awarded
- Provide the appropriate vehicle size to accommodate the customer's delivery
- Verify that description and quantities correspond with pickup order
- Provide preprinted bill of lading/delivery documents to each customer
- Provide the service within the required timeline and failure to do so will result in a no charge to the customer.
The State acknowledges the
courier/delivery commitment does not apply
when the delay is due to causes beyond the
contractor(s) control including, but not
limited to, the following:
- The availability during normal business hours or refusal of a person to accept delivery
- Wrong addresses
- Acts of God
- Strikes or other labor disputes
- Civil commotions
- Natural events such as extreme weather phenomena or natural disasters.
- If weather or hazardous conditions become an issue, both customer and contractor shall make concurrence about shipment.
- Continued delinquent pickup and delivery complaints can result in the termination of the contract for the respective contractor.
- Contact customer within 15 minutes of scheduled delivery time if unable to complete delivery
Contractor(s) carriers shall be required to comply with all applicable federal, state or local laws pertinent to such carrier and the scope of services required whether statutory or regulatory.
LOSS OR DAMAGE CLAIMS
- The contractor will be responsible for the minimum declared value of each damaged or lost package and made payable to the customer.
- The contractor shall provide a claims process for reporting loss or damaged packages.
The process should include but is not
- Reporting the lost package or damage by on-line, fax or e-mail
- Inspect the package to determine the cause for the damage
- Contractor to conduct a complete investigation to locate the lost package
- Claim approval and/or denial process completed within 5 to 10 business days.
- Payment for approved claims
DECLARED VALUE, PACKAGE CONTENT AND CUSTOMER
- The declared value of a package is the maximum liability of the contractor for the package in case of loss or damage.
- If no value is declared, the maximum liability for loss or damage to a package is $50.00.
- The customer requesting delivery services for packages with values exceeding $100.00 can choose to declare a higher value up to $25,000.00 for an additional charge per $100.00 of value.
- The contractor will not be liable for loss or damage to a package that is not properly wrapped and sealed to withstand the movement during the delivery process. In such case, even if the customer declares a value for the package in excess of $100.00, the contractor will not reimburse the customer for the damage to the package.
Package Contents -- Lost or Damaged:
- Checks: The contractor will not be liable for the face value of the check(s) but is limited to the cost of stopping payment on and reissuing the check(s) not to exceed $50.00 per package.
- Phone Cards; tickets (airplane, etc.); gift cards/certificates; similar cards or other printed matter with exchange value: The contractor will not be liable for the face value but is limited to the cost of replacing the item not to exceed $50.00 per package.
- Media: For media items with data such as computer tapes, compact discs, videotapes and similar items, the contractor will be limited to the replacement cost of the media on which the content is recorded.
- Ensure that the packages comply with all applicable requirements for the purposes of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for payment of services for undeliverable items if the reason for such is not the fault of the contractor(s).
- Provide the declared value of each package
Packaging -- limited to letter type;
flats or boxes:
- Provide appropriate packaging to protect the items from damage in transit
- Limit boxes to 75 lbs. or less
- Provide physical addresses only
- Note: Post Office box numbers are not allowed
Provide identification on each
package/box to include but not
- Separate label for each
- Mark on each package/box the number included in delivery, i.e. 1 of 2, etc.
- Declared Value:
The following insurance requirement is included in the contract. Copies of the individual contractor's insurance certificates will be maintained by the CPA/TPASS Contract Management Office.
Workers Compensation: Statutory Limits
- Each Accident $1,000,000
- Disease- Each Employee $1,000,000
- Disease-Policy Limit $1,000,000
General Liability - Occurrence based: Bodily Injury and Property Damage
Each occurrence limit: $1,000,000
Aggregate limit: $2,000,000
Medical Expense each person: $5,000
Personal Injury and Advertising Liability: $1,000,000
Products/Completed Operations Aggregate Limit: $2,000,000
Damage to Premises Rented to You: $50,000
Commercial Business Auto Coverage provided should include:
Any automobile, including hired and non-owned automobile liability at: $1,000,000 combined single limit for each accident
CPA must be provided a 30-day notice of cancellation or material change to the policy coverage and limits.
The policy shall contain the following provisions:
- Blanket contractual liability coverage for liability assumed under the contract.
- Independent contractors' coverage
- Dishonesty bond, minimum $5,000.00
Dishonesty Bond: The Bond should include coverage for third parties and name CPA as a loss payee. This contract shall be referenced for the bond underwriter to include in the bond.
Cargo minimum $100,000.00
Cargo Coverage: should include property of customers while in the care, custody and control of the contractor.
CPA CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Questions regarding
contract management issues, price changes,
amendments or other post-award concerns should
be directed to:
TPASS Contract Management Office (TCMO)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA)
Fax: (512) 936-0040
TPASS CONTACT: Questions concerning technical
specifications should be directed to:
Melissa McIlroy, CTPM, CTCM
Texas Procurement and Support Services
- ADDING NEW SERVICES TO THE CONTRACT: Following the contract award, additional services of the same general category that could have been encompassed in the award of this contract, and that are not already on the contract, may be added. Customers are encouraged to request additional items by contacting the TPASS contract manager.
CONTRACTOR PERFORMANCE: The Comptroller of
Public Accounts (CPA) administers a vendor
performance program for use by all ordering
entities per Texas Government Code, Title 10,
Subtitle D, Section 2155.077. The Vendor
Performance and Debarment Program relies on the
ordering entity's participation in gathering
information on vendor performance. Ordering
Entities shall report vendor performance on
purchases over $25,000 from contracts
administered by the commission or any other
purchase over $25,000 made through delegated
authority granted by CPA (TAC 20.108). Agencies
are additionally encouraged to report vendor
performance on purchases under $25,000.
Vendor Performance shall be reported through the CPA Vendor Performance Tracking System. The purpose of the system is to:
- Identify vendors that have exceptional performance.
- Aid purchasers in making a best value determination based on vendor past performance.
- Protect the state from vendors with unethical business practices.
- Provide performance scores in four measurable categories for the CMBL vendors.
- Track vendor performance for delegated and exempt purchases.