NOTE: The products listed are for use by eligible State of Texas entities ONLY and are not for personal purchase or purchase by commercial entities.
Search for Contracts
Enter keywords or NIGP codes to find state contracts:
General Contract Information
962-M5 Transportation Services – Less than Truckload (LTL) and Truckload (TL)
Start Date: 01-2011
End Date: 08-2013
- DESCRIPTION OF CONTRACT: TPASS MANAGED CONTRACT NO. 962-M5,
Transportation Services - Less than Truckload (LTL) and Truckload (TL)
- HOW TO ORDER
Customers must issue an internal purchase order or blanket purchase order and reference CPA Contract No. 962-M5 to be eligible for Contract pricing.
This contract is for weather-tight, dry trailers only and does not include shipments requiring flat beds.
To schedule a shipment call the 1-855-885-3691 or go directly to the Central Freight web site CENTRALFREIGHT.COM and click on the State of Texas flag in the lower left side of the screen.
For State Agencies: Use Purchase Category Code C
NIGP Class/Item code: 962-86
The Contractor agrees not to provide services until issuance of a Purchase Order by the State Agency, Higher Education or Cooperative member. In lieu of standalone purchase orders, Customers may issue a blanket purchase order for an estimated total value of forecasted annual expenditures for internal purposes.
TPASS will no longer provide delegated authority to Agencies to renew their existing Freight contracts, once existing Agency freight contracts expire. Until such time these contracts expire, Agencies shall utilize this freight contract.
- CONTRACTOR AND CONTRACT DOCUMENTATION:
Payee ID No.: 19118113117
Central Freight Lines, Inc.
5601 West Waco Drive
Waco, TX 76710
For Customer Service or to request service
Central Freight State of Texas Hotline
For Contract and Management escalation concerns, contact:
Phone: (512) 745-0806
Fax: (512) 926-1545
- TERM OF CONTRACT: January 31, 2011 through August 31, 2011
Renewal Term: September 1, 2011 through August 31, 2012
Renewal Term: September 1, 2012 through August 31, 2013
3rd Period: September 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014
4th Period: September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015
- CPA CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Questions regarding contract management issues, price changes, amendments or other post-award concerns should be directed to:
TPASS Contract Management Office (TCMO)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA)
Contract Manager: Bobby Pounds
Fax: (512) 936-0040
- TPASS CONTACT: Questions concerning technical specifications or request to add addition items to contract should be directed to:
Manuel Perez, CTPM
Texas Procurement and Support Services
Phone: (512) 463-2469
- ADDING NEW ACCESSORIAL ITEMS TO THE CONTRACT: Following the contract award, additional accessorial charges may be added upon request. Customers are encouraged to request additional items by contacting email@example.com.
- CONTRACTOR PERFORMANCE:
The Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) administers a vendor performance program for use by all ordering entities per Texas Government Code, Title 10, Subtitle D, Section 2155.077. The Vendor Performance and Debarment Program relies on the ordering entity's participation in gathering information on vendor performance. Ordering Entities shall report vendor performance on purchases over $25,000 from contracts administered by the commission or any other purchase over $25,000 made through delegated authority granted by CPA (TAC 20.108). Agencies are additionally encouraged to report vendor performance on purchases under $25,000.
Vendor Performance shall be reported through the CPA VENDOR PERFORMANCE TRACKING SYSTEM. The purpose of the Vendor Performance Tracking System is to:
- Identify vendors that have exceptional performance.
- Aid purchasers in making a best value determination based on vendor past performance.
- Protect the state from vendors with unethical business practices.
- Provide performance scores in four measurable categories for the CMBL vendors.
- Track vendor performance for delegated and exempt purchases.