Get the latest information on state agency stimulus activities and projects by visiting each agency's or public institution's of higher education ARRA Web site below. Click the “see details” link for a snapshot of what you will find on each site.
If you don't see your agency on this list or would like to request an update of your agency's information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Agency ARRA Sites
- Natural Resources Conservation Service - see details
The NRCS site lists the agency's Recovery Act projects and progress reports and includes fact sheets with funding allotments for projects related to watershed rehabilitation, watershed operations and floodplain easements.
- Railroad Commission of Texas - see details
The RRC site lists the agency's Recovery Act projects and provides information such as Summary of Project, Key Dates, Project Partners and Reports.
- State Energy Conservation Office - see details
SECO provides information and project details on more than $290 million in federal stimulus funds it will distribute through the State Energy Program, Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program, Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program and the Energy Assurance Program.
- Texas Attorney General - see details
The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) site lists the agency's Recovery Act projects and includes information such as project summaries, award amounts, and reports.
- Texas Commission on the Arts - see details
TCA offers information and updates on $50 million in federal stimulus grants available to preserve jobs in the nonprofit arts sector. Dollars will be distributed in Texas through TCA, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Mid-America Arts Alliance and eligible local arts agencies.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - see details
TCEQ offers information and project details on the $14.3 million in federal stimulus funds from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) - see details
DADS offers an Intended Use Plan and information on ARRA funding for a number of health and human services programs.
- Texas Department of Agriculture Square Meals Grants - see details
TDA's Square Meals Grants Program offers information, specific award allocations and updated application review timelines for more than $11 million in federal stimulus funding for approved equipment at Texas schools.
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services - see details
At present, the TDARS stimulus site is incomplete and offers only a mechanism for reporting program fraud and abuse and a request for proposals to supply training and placement programs for persons with disabilities that lead to employment in "demand" industries.
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice - see details
TDCJ offers program details on stimulus projects related to combating criminal narcotics activity.
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - see details
At present, the DFPS stimulus page only summarizes their federal stimulus funds and provides a link to their Intended Use Plan. Updated reports will be posted as they become available.
- Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs - see details
TDHCA's site offers information on a series of programs to receive ARRA funding and provides links to agency plans concerning stimulus spending.
- TDHCA Community Services Block Grant - see details
This ARRA program helps local community action agencies and other eligible entities provide essential services to those living in poverty. The site lists eligible activities and services allowed under the program, application timelines and other resources.
- TDHCA Homebuyer Tax Credit - see details
This program offers eligible first-time homebuyers receive a tax refund equal to 10 percent of the purchase price of their home, or $8,000, whichever is less. The site provides a program background, timelines for homeowner applications and other resources.
- TDHCA Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program - see details
This program, backed by $41 million in federal stimulus funds, provides services and financial assistance to prevent families and individuals from becoming homeless and helps those already homeless to be re-housed quickly. The site offers a list of eligible activities, an application, timelines and other program resources.
- TDHCA Housing Tax Credit Exchange - see details
This program allows developers who received tax credits from 2007 through September 2009 to trade credits for a cash grant. The site offers program background, policies, a timeline and a list of resources.
- TDHCA Neighborhood Stabilization Program - see details
This program assists state and local governments and nonprofits in acquiring and redeveloping foreclosed or abandoned properties. The site describes eligible activities and other guidelines and provides a timeline and other resources.
- TDHCA Tax Credit Assistance Program - see details
The TCAP provides information on funds available for the Housing Tax Credit program, the primary vehicle for developing affordable rental housing for working families. The site offers guidelines, applicable rules and restrictions, program applications, a timeline and other resources.
- TDHCA Weatherization Assistance Program - see details
This program is designed to help low-income customers reduce their energy costs through consumer education and the installation of weatherization materials. The site offers a list of eligible activities, information on bidding for weatherization work, forms and field guides and statistics on home energy-related savings.
- TDHCA Community Services Block Grant - see details
- Texas Department of State Health Services - see details
DSHS is an agency of the Texas Health and Human Services System. This site provides links to other ARRA resources and will soon post information on DSHS awarded stimulus grants.
- Texas Department of Transportation - see details
TxDOT offers news, updates, a list of approved stimulus projects and reporting and application requirements for the $2.6 billion in stimulus funds it was appropriated for transportation projects.
- Texas Education Agency - see details
TEA offers news and updates, resources and technical assistance for applications for the billions of dollars in federal stimulus funds available for Texas public schools.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission - see details
This site provides news and links to plans, reports, grants and contracts related to stimulus funds available for health and human service programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP food stamp program).
- Texas Historical Commission - see details
The THC provides information and requirements for historic preservation projects funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board - see details
The Coordinating Board will manage the $732 million ARRA Government Services Fund (GSF) awarded by the Department of Education. The site provides details on application, reporting, and FAQ information.
- Texas Water Development Board - see details
TWDB provides updates, a prioritized project list and requests for proposals on water-related projects funded by the stimulus program, including the ARRA Drinking Water State Revolving Fund.
- Texas Workforce Commission - see details
The TWC site provides information on more than $150 million in ARRA funds available to 28 local workforce boards across the state to support training and help Texans find jobs. The site offers program guidance for implementing stimulus funds and allotments for various force training programs.
Public Institutions of Higher Education ARRA Sites
- Angelo State University - see details
ASU provides info about awarded ARRA grant projects and links to their Office of Sponsored Projects who works with faculty members and administrators to identify and apply for appropriate ARRA funding opportunities.
- Texas A&M University - see details
The Division of Research and Graduate Studies' maintains this online guide which provides critical updates from federal research agencies on ARRA funding and provides support to researchers who need assistance developing and writing proposals seeking ARRA funding.
- University of Texas at Austin - see details
The university offers a stimulus package page with information on funds available to promote research in various areas.
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - see details
The site will serve to update UT-Houston investigators and research staff on ARRA-related extramural funding opportunities offers, such as research and development information and key due dates for RFAs.
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio - see details
The site offers information on stimulus funding opportunities for research and development, guides for preparing proposals, timelines for specific funding opportunities and an electronic mailing list visitors may join to receive stimulus-related news and updates.
Other State ARRA Resources
- StateRecovery.org - see details
A service of the Council of State Governments, this site was designed to help states rapidly decipher potential funding opportunities and share best practices by tracking how branches of state government respond to ARRA legislation.
- Association for Compensatory Educators of Texas - see details
ACET offers a list of ARRA allocations to Texas local education agencies, links to news on ARRA education success stories and updates on stimulus funds available for education programs.
- House of Representatives Select Committee on Federal Economic Stabilization Funding - see details
This site provides transparency and accountability for more than $16 billion flowing into Texas from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Texas Association of Regional Councils - see details
This state organization of Texas' 24 regional councils of governments provides links and updates on stimulus-related opportunities and information relevant to TARC members.
- Texas Municipal League - see details
This nonprofit organization provides information on ARRA funds and programs relevant to Texas cities, including programs related to transportation, community and economic development, housing and energy.
- U.S. Bureau of Justice Assistance Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant - see details
This site provides information on state allocations, applications and updates on the $90 million in ARRA funds allocated to Texas to fund programs in law enforcement, drug treatment, prosecution and courts and other areas.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency - Texas - see details
This site offers information for farmers and ranchers on more than $12 million in stimulus funds allocated through the Direct Operating Loan Program.
- U.S. Department of Education Grants to Local Educational Agencies - Texas (PDF, 44KB) - see details
This document provides a list of ARRA allocations to Texas school districts.
- U.S. Department of Education Recovery Funds for Grants to Local Education Agencies - see details
This site provides information on grant opportunities and stimulus funding available to states for low-income schools, special education, education technology grants, low-income college students and work-study programs.
- U.S. Department of Transportation State Funds for Public Transit - see details
The site tracks how and where $8.4 billion in federal stimulus funds are being allocated for public transportation projects nationwide.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency State Clean Diesel Grant Program - see details
This program will allocate $88 million in federal stimulus funds to support clean diesel grant and loan programs. The site includes state allocations and information on clean diesel grants and funding.