News and Events
NEW - Request a Certificate of Account Status for Termination through WebFile on the eSystems Portal.Added: 11/05/13 Added: 05/02/13
Tax Assistance and Customer Service Response Times
We are committed to responding to calls and emails as quickly as possible. See our call tips and peak schedule for details on factors that may impact response times.
Texas Franchise Tax
The Texas franchise tax is a privilege tax imposed on each taxable entity chartered/organized in Texas or doing business in Texas.
Franchise Tax Credit for Clean Energy Projects
HB 2446 (83rd Legislature, Regular Session 2013)
Visit our online resource for information on the franchise tax credit for clean energy projects. The new Web page provides information about when the credit can be issued and the information required to qualify for the credit.
- Taxable Business Types
- Tax Revisions (2007)
- Rate Information
- Due Dates
- Texas Statutes and Rules for the Revised Franchise Tax
- Franchise Tax for Reports Due On or Before December 31, 2007
- Which forms should I file?
- Approved Tax Preparation Software Providers
- What is my Texas Taxpayer ID number?
- Franchise Tax Online Calculator (PDF, 65KB)
- Extension Request Overview
- Form Instructions (PDF, 303KB)
- COGS and Compensation
- Closing or reinstating a business?
- Change your Mailing Address/Phone Number online