Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Online Ordering System
Texas continually works to improve efficiency with tools to streamline government procurement.
Ron Pigott, director of the Texas Procurement and Support Services division, discusses how the TxSmartBuy online shopping cart lets state agencies and local governments browse and order a wide variety of goods and services and benefit from the state's hefty negotiating power.
Spotlight on Vaccine Contract 269-A3
Banish Flu by Shopping TxSmartBuy for Vaccines
State and local purchasers can look to state contract 269-A3 for flu vaccines and reserve next year's supply starting late February to March. Learn how UT-Austin's Health Services works with their purchasers to meet the demand.
Who can use TxSmartBuy?
- State and local government employees can search TxSmartBuy for items they need. Anyone can look at items offered in the system.
- State agency purchasers and local government purchasers who belong to the State of Texas CO-OP can place orders in the system.
- Login information for purchasers will be sent directly via e-mail from the Comptroller’s Office between December 22 and January 9, 2009. Purchasers can request access from your primary contact: State Agencies CO-OP Members
- Local Governments: Become a State of Texas CO-OP member and get access to TxSmartBuy
- Current system requirements
- Browser: IE 6 or 7, Firefox
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 (or greater)
- Easily search and browse contractor e-catalogs for price and product information.
- Use comparison tool to review price and product details side by side for best value.
- Contractors receive purchase orders immediately—no waiting!